Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This Is Work

I thought I'd have a few days off from showing the house, but Rich called me yesterday while I was having breakfast at Jiggers with my friend Sue to say that a couple who'd seen the house over the weekend wanted to come back to see it with their kids. Two hours later, Mark, Turbo and I drove off in the windswept rain.

Amazingly, this house has weathered the storminess of the past few days, staying high and dry when we most need it to. It is a sturdily built house, so I expect no less. Still, with rivers overflowing and boats floating in yards, we have nary a leak.

The feedback from Rich was positive. In fact, others who saw the house over the weekend want to come back and see it again. Thankfully my cleaning person is coming today. The white tile floor needs some help. Tentatively the showings are for today at 11:30 am and tomorrow at 5:30 pm but Rich is going to try to do them both tomorrow back-to-back. This would be much more convenient for all but the buyers, but hey, if you want a chance to bid on a beautiful home in a bucolic setting, you have to be flexible.

1 comment:

have fun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.