Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Not Waxing Poetic About Snow

Ever read a snow poem? Ever write one? There's something enchanting about that frozen concoction of particles whirling about, adding more fluff to the quilted earth. See what I mean?

When the weather outside is frightful, it's better to view it from inside, perhaps in front of a fire accompanied by a good book and a warm liquid refreshment. Unfortunately, our footman couldn't make it in yesterday (due to the snow), so Mariel and I had to dig out both cars. She's strong and I'm not so she did the lion's share of the work. Today's snow adventure was equally tiring. I'll leave at that.

Except for the mud lining the snow banks, it looks nice out there. I think we got 10-11 inches, higher than any snow boot I own.

I can't resist a haiku.

It drops on your tongue,
tasteless frozen drink that melts
and makes you crave more.  

No comments: