Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ah, Solitude

I've always appreciated peace and quiet. There was so little of it in my childhood, what with four younger brothers and a bi-polar step-father given to screaming, throwing things and worse.

The Thanksgiving guests left Sunday, leaving Marty, Mariel and me. Then it was just Mariel and me. Then it was me. I said "no thanks" to the family get-together in PA this weekend. Marty went, making it a 12-person sleep-over. I would've been lucky 13.

Last night I boiled some cheese raviolis and threw together a vodka sauce. I also had a huge salad. I slept really well until Buck started getting restless, which I ignored and went back to sleep. I  had yoga at 10, but first I had to clear the inch of snow off my walk. After a somewhat frustrating class, I ran errands, made phone calls and ate a casserole of some sort that had fallen out (flung itself out?) of the freezer last night, sending cracked plastic everywhere. It was turkey tetrazzini from 4 or 5 months ago and quite tasty. I'm spending the afternoon reading, writing, and then going for a massage.

Dinner? I think I'll open the freezer and see what pops out.

No comments: