Friday, May 18, 2012

A Night With 21-Year Olds

I'm tired this morning, having stayed up until midnight. Mark and three of his friends came for dinner. All of them are on the track team. I don't think I've laughed so much at a gathering. My son is very witty, and his friends encourage him. We had meatballs, pasta, salad, garlic bread, washed down with beer and sangria. The youngins are all in training, so mostly water was imbibed.

We had an extended discussion explaining the difference between seltzer, club soda and sparkling water. It got pretty esoteric We went on to tonic and cognac. There was a lot of talk about running strategy. We went for ice cream at 10:30, bringing Buck along. Marty drove them back to the dorm and I started the massive clean-up in the kitchen.

It was great to spend time dipping my toe into the fountain of youth.

No comments: