Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rhode Island Roots

We pulled up the long snaking driveway to our old house Saturday afternoon. The only thing in bloom was the forsythia hedge. Inside the house it was freezing. I left Marty to install smoke detectors while I went off to do some errands. I bought a huge bag of dog food, some cheese and a soft-serve ice cream. Of course you can get these things in NYC but they're way more expensive.

Next, it was off to Gold Farm where we were staying for the next two nights with David and Marcia Gold. I took a nap while Marty and David had a nice visit. We had dinner plans in Providence at Bacaro's, the Gold's favorite restaurant. Mariel joined us. Dinner was great. I even had a fried smelt. Just one because it wasn't so good.

On Sunday, we finished cleaning out the house. Marty drove back to NYC. Mariel picked me up and we went for coffee and then dinner at a vegetarian/vegan restaurant. The food was delicious. Mariel drove me back to the Gold's where I spent another deeply slumberous night.

Marcia took me to my friend Sue's house in East Greenwich because we had plans to go out for breakfast. She'd forgotten about out date so Marcia took me to my friend Patty's house. We had breakfast and did some shopping. My broker was supposed to pick me up for closing at 3 but never showed. When I called him, he told me the closing was tomorrow. What? I had dinner at Patty's and then we went to play mah jongg.

So today's the day. At least I think it is.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Next time, any plans will get promptly recorded on the refrigerator calendar. It all worked out in the end and I was very happy we could spend some time together today!