Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's 12:12 PM and I Need a Nap

I've been up for 6 hours but it feels like 6 days. After coffee and computer-gazing, Marty and I went to the gym. We were both feeling fat from our Chinese feast with Mark and Harry, topped off by red velvet cake. We came back and had another round of delicious calories. I put Marty to work on packing up one of our gargantuan walk-in closets while I tried to do Harry's financial aid forms. There's always some glitch and today was no different. The pin wouldn't work. Well, it's done but for that. After showering, I decided I needed to get out for fresh air to clear my head.

I walked to Duane Reade to pick up a prescription and then stopped off to have my nails done. I almost tipped over in my chair. I returned home to Marty sweating after his shower. He got dressed and went off to Queens to pick up his turntable and have lunch with Andria and Scott.

When I couldn't do a banking transfer, log on to my health insurance or get my new pin to work I gave up and woke Harry who's recovering from mono. I made him strong coffee, asked which of 3 identical movies he wanted to see (Insidious, Limitless, Source Code) and sat down to write this. Maybe I'll nap at the movies, although there's likely to be too many explosions.

No comments: