Monday, May 2, 2011

New Woods

We moved Thursday to our new 31st floor apartment on the Upper East Side. Like David Byrnes, I wonder: How did I get here?

A few fun facts about my new neighborhood:

More restaurants than I ever thought possible.
Parking is not so bad.
Services are awesome. You can basically get anything you want at any time.
It's not ethnically diverse but it is age diverse, something many NYC neighborhoods are not.
It's cheaper than my old neighborhood.
The library is 2 blocks away, which is where I'm writing this.

A few not-so-fun facts:

Verizon doesn't serve my building so I have no phone, internet or cable. Worse, they canceled my email account.
You can easily get fat here and must join a gym. Yoga at my new gym is really hard, like you have to be a yogic master to not kill yourself.

Being out of the Ground Zero hub-bub is welcome. Last night, we never would have slept. All those hipsters with a good excuse to get bombed on Sunday night. I didn't get the news until early this morning when I was able to filch an internet connection from a neighbor.

I have to polish my pearls and get my face lifted, perhaps buy a lap dog. Really, dahling.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Are you going to get a phone, etc? I was just about to call you but now I think I won't. Glad you're up in "my" neighborhood. Next time I come in we can have coffee and something fattening.