Saturday, July 31, 2010

Greetings From France

I can see the Pyrenees from where I write this. I wish I could download my photos so you could have a visual of my experiences thus far. They have been magnifique.

Yesterday we went into Toulouse and did a little shopping. Sadly, all clothing is American. We had a great lunch: cold tomato soup and lentil salad washed down with rose. We relaxed by the pool but not before I made travel plans to drive to Barcelona for two days. Yes, drive. A little stick shift French car through the Pyrenees. I have Costa Rica to thank for my lack of fear. They have marked roads here, good ones. The train was all booked, and flights were expensive. I'm staying at a fancy hotel in the old district that allegedly has parking. If it doesn't I shall cry.

We're off to see a chateau and pick up dinner makings. Then I'm doing nothing the rest of the day except eat, drink, read, and socialize.

Au revoir...

2 comments:

Ann said...

Reading this update put a smile on my face my bon vivant friend.

PJ said...

The above comment is translated as "People do not lack strength, they lack will." This is true.