Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First Loss

Don't worry. Nobody died. In all the years I've been going to see the Yankees play, they've never lost. This includes the game I watched from behind a pole when I was 10, the games in the renovated stadium and in the new one, plus all the games I've seen on the road. They had a 10-game winning streak going. All good things come to an end. The Yankees lost to Atlanta 4-3.

We took Marty for his Father's Day/Birthday present. Our seats were pretty good. Mark and Harry enjoyed the game. We had over-priced food and beer. The crowd as usual was great. 75% are decked out in Yankee gear (I wore my Mariano Rivera shirt). Only one fan had to be dragged away by the cops. Well, only one that we saw.

For me, one of the best parts of the post-game ritual is taking the train packed with fans. Win or lose, they are your friends at that moment. LET'S GO YANKEES!

No comments: