Saturday, June 2, 2012

Consumption in NYC

The day's still young and I feel as though I should be going to bed soon. The weather is fine and we started by walking Buck to Central Park and back. Marty and I decided to do a little shopping, so we brought our red cart, $ and list to 86th Street. In Fairway we bought limes for margaritas. We bought a lot of fruit from a street vendor. Then we priced portable air conditioners because our built-in units don't work too well, and they use a lot of electricity. We had higher bills last summer in our 800-square foot apartment than we had in our 3700-square foot house in Rhode Island. 

We're switching from AT&T to Verizon, and stopped at the Verizon store where Marty didn't get a phone because he says he can get a free one on line. 

There's a street fair/flea market on 3rd Avenue starting at 86th Street and going south who knows how far. I left Marty at 79th Street, shopping for records.


Here's what we consumed: a vegetarian crepe and a gyro, washed down with fresh lemonade, spices (5-spice powder, gram masala and a mix for lamb), a gift for a special friend who reads this blog, a spa headband for yoga, a mozzarepa (grilled sweet corn meal stuffed with mozzarella cheese) and zeppolles .

Marty just got back, albums in tow. We're listening to Mel Torme now. I'm going to yoga in a bit, and then we're having margaritas on the roof. I was going to make a chicken curry for dinner but I think we'll go out instead. My kitchen is mini Hades. I season the food with my sweat. Just kidding.

No comments: