Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back in New Yawk

It's great to be back in the land of alternate side of the street parking, fruit vendors on the street, and a mobile phone store that sells every model that exists right now. 

I met Mark on 86th Street and we shopped for a phone and had lunch al fresco. Mark put in a job application at a running store. I went to yoga and shopped for dinner. Marty brought home sushi and we had a chicken, leek and mushroom casserole. We walked Buck to the ice cream store and had some cones. 

Today, my car was on the correct side of the street so I was free to be a slug. I ran some quick errands, read my book and went to yoga. Home to eat lunch and indulge in my Young and the Restless addiction. I've been following the story on and off for 24 years. The Dickensian plot line is terrific, even though some of the situations are worn and ridiculous after all these years. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Y & R has at least explored interracial relationships, leukemia (and other cancers, but this was pretty accurate), and people with disabilities. I don't think they've touched LGBTQ issues.

My son Harry went to Bonnaroo, a music festival in Tennessee, and hasn't been heard from in more than a week. I'm sure his phone is dead. Should I assume he'll be home for dinner tonight? 

Now I'm going out in the rain to do some more errands. This is NYC at its least exciting, but I enjoy anytime I'm not living on the edge.

No comments: