Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sold!

The albatross is no more. We sold our house in East Greenwich to the lowest bidder, the only bidder. Unless you count the higher bid we spurned a year ago.

The house has been vacant since September. In addition to paying the mortgage, taxes, electric and oil bills, we have the anxiety of worrying about leaks, trees hitting the house, flooding--the usual suspects. Recently, my insurance agent informed me that a vacant house requires different and expensive insurance. Our total costs have been running about $3500 per month. Ouch.

We're due to close on or around April 26. I haven't been to the closings of my last two houses so this will be a treat. If I'm lucky, I'll get to see the crab apple tree in bloom one more time.

3 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

Congratulations!!!! Glad the albatross is off your back.

Ann said...

Outstanding!

Jim said...

Great news!