Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm Melting

Last night, it went down to 12 degrees. Today, it's 45. Even so, there's no way I can chip the ice away without the proper equipment. My other shovels are trapped in the garage, which can't be opened because it's blocked by snow. The plastic shovel just won't do.

Instead of shoveling, I went jogging. It was beautiful. I also picked up Turbo's prescription dog food. I sure hope he likes the stuff because it costs an arm and a leg.

Time for confession. I went to the library to return a book and left with three more. One doesn't count because it's a cookbook. But I picked up two more novels, one by Chang-rae Lee (I just finished Aloft, and it's beautifully written) entitled The Surrendered, and one by Caroline Kellems called The Coffee Diaries. I've already started The Coffee Diaries, which is about an American woman and the coffee farms she inherits from her father. I have about 100 pages to go in the Keith Richards book, and I also started Just Kids by Patti Smith. Please shoot me now.

I've written another story today about my Costa Rica days. I just got an email from an agent who read my proposal and wants to see an outline and some samples. This is the first positive response I've received for a book proposal. I've had essays published, but writing a book would be wonderful to do in J-Ville.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

That's a lot of books. You must be a fast reader. I couldn't read that much in a short period of time.

That's cool about the agent. Did you send a proposal for a collection of stories?