Sunday, January 9, 2011

Manhattan Straight Up with a Cherry

It's early Sunday morning, I've just finished my coffee and am trying to wake up. The quiet in my apartment is unnerving. Every so often, I hear drilling at Ground Zero. Even on Sundays, they tear down and build up. In Rhode Island, all I'd be hearing right now are gun blasts from Carr's Pond. Seeya, Bambi.

We had a typical Manhattan Saturday beginning with errands that included a visit to the vet and shopping at Trader Joe's. My brother and his wife are visiting, so we subwayed up to the Village and ate lunch at Olive Tree. Unfortunately the felafel stayed with me all day. We then went uptown to the Guggenheim Museum where we saw the Kandinsky exhibit. All those geometric shapes really appealed to me.

Back at the apartment, we grabbed some caffeine before heading to Bayridge, Brooklyn to visit our niece and her husband. We watched football, drank beer and ate pizza while discussing our family's disturbing dysfunction.

We reurned to Manhattan, where Marty found a parking spot good until 2012.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Congratulations to Marty on the parking spot. What an incredibly fulfilling feeling. Have you ever read "Tepper's Not Going Out" by Calvin Trillin? Great book for parking afficionados. Yes let's definitely try to get together.