Friday, October 8, 2010

Time Keeps on Slipping

It's a good thing I left rainy Jeffersonville yesterday. I needed human contact beyond the Recycling Center's cashier. It was Harry's 18th birthday, and I drove to see him at Vassar. We went out for lunch, opened a bank account and shopped for some flannel pants.

Today it was 35 degrees at 6:30 am. The first frost is predicted for tomorrow, just in time for Esther, Lenny and Marty's arrival. Maybe we'll make enough hot air to keep the house toasty. During the day, it's supposed to be in the 70's. I think we're at 60 now.

I haven't run since Saturday due to the rain, but this morning I went for a short jog even though it was freezing. Yoga tomorrow. On Sunday, I return to my city life where I can distinguish one day from the next. Time slips away here, yet it doesn't seem to move.

No comments: