Monday, September 22, 2008

31:45



That's me at right crossing the finish line at yesterday's CVS Providence 5k. I came in 2470th place, the 51st finisher in my age group (out of 235). First place finisher in my group was Joan Benoit Samuelson. Dang.

I didn't reach my sub-30:00 goal, but I was happy with my race. It was pretty warm out there, and I couldn't even run my race pace for almost 2 minutes because it was so crowded and I was trying not to get trampled. I look at it this way: I have a year to shave (more like amputate) 1:46 off my time.

That's me below, warming up for the race with The New York Times. I was reading a series of remembrances about Yankee Stadium, which closed last night forever. Perhaps my warm-up routine needs a little tweeking?

3 comments:

Kunal B said...

This is courage, guts, tenacity, grit.. redefined. I don't have the words to say how proud and happy I am for you, pj!

Ronni Gordon said...

Congratulations!
Love the warm-up.

Jim said...

Attagirl! What a star you are. Jim