Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"This Is My Life!"

My daughter is working in Brasilito, Costa Rica teaching English to kids in grades k-8. I know she's happy because she shares her adventures with me.

She went to a bullfight last week. In Costa Rica, bullfights are big events. The whole family goes, because the animals are never killed, although the frenzy of the bull is still there. Men go into the ring and try not to get gored, but it's risky business. Mariel sat on the make-shift fence at the edge of the action, feet dangling into the ring. She had more than one adrenaline rush as bulls came near.

My daughter isn't much of a swimmer, but most nights, she and her friends swim out to an island off the beach and watch the sunset.

This how she puts it:  I feel like every day I have these moments where I just pause and think to myself, "this is my life. Can't believe it sometimes."

No comments: