Sunday, January 6, 2013

Typical Saturday

My very full morning included yoga, going to the post office expecting checks (nada), picking up a few grocery items and indulging in a massage. My therapist is excellent and knows what my body needs. After a massage, my right shoulder doesn't hurt for days.

We thought about going to see a movie in a nearby town, but decided to watch one on TV for 5 bucks. Not only was it a money-saver but we avoided the mind-numbing previews and ads. True, it's the small screen, but I find the sound in movie theaters raises my blood pressure. You're probably wondering what we saw. Looper, with Bruce Willis and other lesser-knowns. I love Bruce Willis, from Moonlighting to Diehard. Looper was filled with shattering glass and lots of gunfire. There were a few car crashes. The premise involves time travel, basically going back in time to kill bad guys, erasing them from history. The concept is pretty loopy itself. Eh, for $5 it was entertaining enough.

For dinner we had Cuban pot roast. I used a recipe that required marinating the meat for 48 hours, turning every 12. You then brown the meat and onion/garlic mixture from the marinade and simmer for 3 hours in orange juice, white wine and more oregano. Before dinner we had margaritas, chips and salsa. There's nothing like tequila on a frigid winter's night. I made rice and beans to accompany the roast, which was tender and delicious.

I'm reading Michael Chabon's Telegraph Avenue, and tried to read a few pages before going to bed, but the eyes said nay.

1 comment:

Ronni Gordon said...

Yum! Wish I could have come over.