Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cool Running, Light Eating , and Heavy Reading

The weather made me do it. When I saw it was a mere 72 degrees with 44% humidity I had no choice but to don my running gear and go. I didn't run fast or far (leg cramped and I've turned wimpy), but at least I wasn't suffering from sweat dripping into my eyes.

Our favorite food--soft-shell crabs--are still available in the local market. They must be farming them these days because they used to be available for just a 4-6 week period in May-June. I bought some today and will dip them in cornmeal before frying. Salad (I still have that arugula) and perhaps a ripe Jersey tomato with fresh mozz (a cliche, I know) will keep the meal light. I have to check what white wines I have.

By writing this post I'm putting off reading Infinite Jest which I've been reading for 4 years now. The first time, I got through 50 pages. The second time, I started over and read to page 250. Then I read another 100 pages last summer. I'm determined to get through this book. I'm also reading The History of History by Ida Hattemer-Higgins, a book given to me by my friend Emma. It's bizarre. I'll review it when I'm done.

Yoga later. I haven't been in a while.

No comments: