Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breaking News ...

We no longer have 12 chairs! (See yesterday's post.) We pawned off 6 of them (the ones to the matching defunct table) at a consignment shop. We also ran a few other errands, buying a couple of ceiling fans and a shoe rack so we don't have trip over Marty's massive shoe collection.

After the work, we went for felafel and to see Midnight in Paris. If you are an English or an art lover or degree-holder, you will love this film. It's old-style Woody Allen, but he uses so many references to writers and artists, I don't know if the film would appeal to non-readers. Sorry to be snooty--I'm sure I didn't get every reference--but I want to save you money. Kathy Bates is perfect as Gertrude Stein. I wish T.S. Eliot didn't have such a cameo role. Woody's message: don't be a Miniver Cheevy.

No comments: