Monday, August 30, 2010

A First

Last night, after we'd packed up and moved to Manhattan, after Stuart and Emma (old friends from Costa Rica) dropped by, after we tried to return the moving truck and couldn't, parking it on the street, after realizing we had no time to treat our friend Steve who helped us move to a nice dinner because he had to catch a train in 40 minutes, after having a delicious meal at Gyro II, after whisking Steve off to Penn Station, and finally, returning to our apartment in the minivan, Marty made me an ice cold martini, the most exquisite I've ever had, I became so zombified (not drunk), I couldn't finish the drink.

This has never happened before.

I stumbled off to bed, where I quickly went unconscious. Thing is, I only slept for two hours. I got up and joined Marty in some unpacking. I finally called it a night at 1 am.

The rest of the martini sits in the glass in the freezer. I plan to finish it later.

One more thing. This is hardly word in the woods anymore. My friend Sue asked me if I planned on changing the name of this blog. I'm thinking about some possibilities. I live on West Street, so I though word on west might be good.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Ermintrude said...

How about "From the edge of the Pit".... it is very close