Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Great Flood of 2010

I lived through the Blizzard of '77 in Buffalo, NY. I survived a 6.8 earthquake in Costa Rica. Now I can add the Rhode Island Flood to my disaster portfolio. Lady Luck saw me through these natural nuisances. Once again we are unscathed.

It turns more of my immediate neighbors had water woes than I realized. Moosehorn was abuzz this morning, not with the sound of lawn and garden equipment but heavy-duty water-removing and foundation-shoring machinery. Shadenfreude is not a word that I use much in my writing (ever??) but I've been checking my pleasuremeter and although I don't think I'm deriving any pain from the misfortunes of my neighbors, I'm sure as heck joyful that my house is dry.

Do you hear that home buyers? My house is dry, has no damage and if it survived the Great Flood, is sure to do better than most homes around here. What with global warming, this should be number one on your priority list, right up there with price. Forget location. The new mantra is Dry Dry Dry.

Maybe we should raise the price.

No comments: