Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Best Place on Earth

I've never been to Tahiti but I have been to Playa Gringo in Costa Rica. I won't reveal its location because I don't want anyone else to go there.

But Block Island, Rhode Island is accessible to all (unfortunately) and is the best place I've ever been. Off the RI coast, reached only by ferry, private boat or airplane. It's a small island locked in time. New houses have been built, but downtown hasn't changed in 100 years.



Old Harbor From the Ferry 




Block Island Hug (Mariel and Me)

We visited Block Island last week to see Mariel. She's working there as a waitperson at the Spring House. We had a chance to enjoy some of the food and drink. During our stay, we ate a lot of fish, fried and otherwise. It was hot and humid but we stayed in a hotel with A/C, so it was comfortable. 

Mariel and I went to a yoga class. She and Marty took bike rides around the Island, trying to find the many houses we've stayed at over the years. If I could find a way to live on Block Island full-time, I'd be in heaven.


Traveling to the Best Place on Earth

Old Spice



No comments: