Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tea Time

I'm still in the Catskills, hoping to return to NYC on Saturday morning since my niece has invited us for dinner. Also, the NYC Marathon is Sunday. I'm not running in it this year but will attend the annual brunch which originated in our house in Fort Greene, and then moved to our friends Sandy and Dianne's (also in Fort Greene) house. This is the 26th year.

We're still prepping the house for the move. I was a little chilled so I made tea in ane English china pot and used one of my grandmother's English china teacups. I used loose English Breakfast tea and had it with milk, like a proper Englishwoman.

The cup is a beautiful ocean blue patterned with gold-leaf fleurs de lis and and other leaves pointing to the center which has peaches, cherries and grapes (or blueberries), a still-life you yourself may have painted in high school art class.

I would take a photo of it but my camera's in the shop and I have no idea how to use the camera on my phone. Maybe Marty will help me do it later.

In the meantime it's birding hour. All this shows that you can be hip in your 20's and 30's and suddenly you're wrapped in an afghan sitting in a rocking chair drinking tea.

No comments: