Monday, March 30, 2009

Calling All Poets

In addition to being the cruelest month, April is National Poetry Month.

I am soliciting poems from anyone and everyone who would like their work to be on display at the West Warwick Public Library, which is where I work. I have a small book shelf that I'll be filling with poetry books for patrons to check out. Each day I'll slip a new poem into the lucite frame on top of the display. If you don't care to send an original poem, tell me what your favorite poem is and I'll display that. The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock will definitely make an appearance. My colleague Sue has suggested Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken, a favorite of hers because Frost once stayed at her sister-in-law's Vermont inn.

Send me an email with your choice. Don't be shy.

No comments: